Tooth-Friendly Pumpkin Spice Latte
Time: 5 – 10 minutes
- 8 ounces of coffee brewed with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Tooth-Friendly Perk: These spices can add flavour, reducing or replacing sweetener in your drink
- Four tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- Tooth-Friendly Perk: Pumpkin is filled with vitamin A, which helps strengthen tooth enamel
- ½ cup of low-fat milk
- Tooth-Friendly Perk: Milk contains vitamin D and calcium, which strengthen teeth and bones, preventing tooth loss
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract
- 2-3 drops of agave nectar or honey, if desired
- Sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Mix milk with pumpkin puree in a saucepan and heat over stovetop at medium heat.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and agave nectar.
- Froth mixture using a milk frother or blender.
- Combine mixture with freshly brewed coffee in a large mug.
- Top with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sip and enjoy!
- Drink a glass of water afterward to help wash sugar and acid from your teeth.